I have always prided myself in being original. I have always wanted to do things differently and often I was therefore the alien among my peers, but that didn’t faze me a bit.
- My Fashion Sense. I am not a fashionista and I don’t spend thousands on clothes and accessories or all that ra-ra-ras. But I love FLASHY shoes, sparkly, glittery, sequined – well the more the better for me. Judging by how I look and what I wear this usually gives people the shock of their lives but what can I do, that’s just Meh!
- My Crazy. Growing up, I wasn’t allowed to watch any live sports match on TV or anywhere else. I go craaaaaazy, either happy-crazy or silly-crazy or just raging-mad-crazy. On the other hand, my parents and my brother are such calm audience, they can just sit calmly and watch the entire match even if their side is losing. How is that even possible? Maybe they aren’t into it as much as I am. Well, who am I kidding! I’m just crazy original or original crazy.
- My Choice of Music. The only musician who’s got me completely is Tracy Chapman [Wanna know more about her? Click One. Click Two]. I have never been much of a “music person” but her music was something, is something. I have all her albums – some gifted by my amazed friends. Also, I do listen to other musicians but you know what I mean.
- My Singlehood. This was an original idea, hatched out of my LOVE for independence. Actually, I might as well be the Copycat here, because the idea had struck after seeing my school principal, who was single then. Maybe she is married now and has a dozen children.
- My Life So Far. I have tried to sketch it a little in this post.
I don’t mind being alienated for being different, but rather fear being copied. I have never liked Copycats and I have come across many of them. My BFF says I have the tendency to “overdo” things just so that people won’t copy me, and I hate it when she is right [which is ALWAYS] 😦