What I get when I google Hyperbole
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
“he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles”
This is not my post on Hyperbole. I swear to beejeejus I don’t know what happened, and if I knew what had happened let the lightning strike twice on me and kill me instantly the second time [an example of a hyperbole].
You’ll find my actual post on Hyperbole HERE and while you’re at it *Like* it if you must!
via Daily Prompt: Hyperbole
I just realised “original” sounds (almost like) OR – IS – IN – ALL! Now if that’s not original, well what is?
My Original take on the Prompt Original
If you haven’t watched Black Mirror, I reckon you watch it! It’s a “..television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology.” I particularly liked one episode “The entire history of you” as it made me reflect on my dependence on technology. Hence, one fine day in September 2016, I decided to forego all aspects of technology from my life.
It’s October and I’ve started blogging, which shows how effective my decision was.
For a week or so (post the resolution), I felt sort of numbed. I felt some sort of anxiety. Hence, to numb the numbing and the anxiety, I sort of cut me out a deal. I decided to use my notebook with certain T&C’s (strictly for the purpose of – checking emails, blogging, writing, and anything but signing in on any SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES).
Even with the notebook, my otherwise whatever-coloured-world has turned bland and grey without a smartphone. How? Well…
My backpack is pink [the opposite of grey] but heavy with all sorts of just-in-case items.
I carry a camera (just in case)
A book (just in case again)
A small mirror (another just in case again)
And I have even dug out my [ancient] wrist-watch!!
And if the pics are fuzzy, well I used what-we-used-to-call the webcam to click them. I do not know how long I can do with all the lugging and without a phone but as long as it lasts I will try to enjoy the moment. How??
- Thanks to the no-phone, I have started blogging 🙂 again
- Thanks to the no-phone, I have started reading books (made out of paper)
- Thanks to the no-phone, I have been sleeping peacefully every night
- Thanks to the no-phone, I have been able to “sort out my priorities”
- Thanks to the no-phone, I don’t get called out when I do not want to be out
via Daily Prompt: Original
Because I couldn’t help not posting it… There’s supposedly a “BOOM”!!!
O well, so be it… So be it!!!
could’ve been blog o’clock, but for this writer’s block… sigh
The more I’ve tried to ignore the Writer’s block, the more it’s blocked me and got my brain clogged and now I am paralysed. So seriously F [to stand for the F word], T = the and W’s B = Writer’s block.
I’ll write. Yes, I shall write. I shalt write. I am writing… errr typing.
- I’ve read books to “lift off” this so called W’s B, didn’t work.
- I’ve watched movies – the one with Clive Owen playing Hemingway. Still didn’t work.
- I’ve read fellow bloggers’ blogs – still no work.
- I’ve tried being creative by taking pictures [to keep the count for my blog posts], I ran out of creativity. So, yes… that, too, didn’t work.
- I’ve looked at the blank page that simply stares back at me with little icons one “Add New Post” on the top – didn’t get me to writing.
So seriously, before I give up on writing altogether [in the hope of getting this writer’s block unblocked], I’m taking the road less traveled and writing whatever comes to my mind – until my mind runs on empty.