Yesterday, I felt like going through my 2012 journal… I have not so mysteriously come into re-possessing my journals and some old books… I have become quite enraptured with the idea of de-cluttering… I am obsessed with the idea of having no past (in writing)…. I have been condemning them thus to ashes and to dust… HOWEVER, I couldn’t quite burn this particular journal before going through it once…. which is why yesterday I went through my 2012 journal as I felt like it for no particular reason.
As I went back in time, I began almost immediately to regret having burnt the others…. But then again, going through 2012 took me back in time where along with some fun memories laid sleeping dogs that should have been let to lie forever…. The feeling of regret trying to creep out and shame me instead hid its face into sweet nothing!!!!
And now that I’ve written about going through an old diary, I must (without any obligation) share some finds…. Needless to say, I must also admit my capacity to amaze or rather shock myself, especially in “retrospect”…. Whenever I’ve looked back at my own self, I have looked nothing more than pathetic and naively even more pathetic…. I have asked my old self, the one who’d written down meaningless gibberish, WHY???
In any case, I found out yesterday that I might have read Robin Sharma (dunno anything else, not the writer nor his books as of now) once and I had copied down things that might have felt very important then….. Hence, in an attempt to know myself better, I’ll put it down here….. In around 2020 I might be asking WHY for sure…..BUT for now why not….
1. Bless your money (bless everybody that it touches and command it to come back to you a million fold)
2. Schedule worry breaks (30 minutes to worry, to wallow, brood over difficulties)
[NB I dunno if the following are from the same book]
3. Be unorthodox – read everyday something no one else is reading. Thunk everyday something no one else is thinking.
4. Increase your value – think thoughts no one is thinking, acquire skills no one has, read books no one else is reading.
5. TO GET MORE FROM LIFE, you need to be MORE IN LIFE.
PS: “Judging” not allowed period