100 *published* posts later, I can say it wasn’t easy getting here. Few times I re-blogged
just to keep the *posts* count going on some posts wishing I was the one who’d written them. Many, way too many times I have posted pictures ~ in the name of some challenge or the other [not to mention how thoroughly I’ve enjoyed doing this :)].
To get the post out everyday was a challenge and some days I just had to let go the *post a day* pressure. Those were the days when I wrote, wrote stuff that got saved in the *Drafts* but never got to see the light of the blogging day.
As I was going through what-do-I-write-about-today phase, I just happened to check my *Drafts* page and found something amusing. A little later I was asking myself… What was I thinking here? What was I trying to write then? Why did I stop *there*? Where was this headed?
With each draft, I’ll leave a comment just to let you [myself included] know what exactly I AM THINKING NOW.
Draft 1 [September 13, 2012]
Yes, I smoked yesterday and despite trying not to light the next cigarette, I’ve smoked around 7 cigarettes in 24 hours. Yesterday, I had all the excuses to smoke. I mean I was stressed/ frustrated/ exasperated/ lost/ confused/ cornered…. and so on and so forth.
- Comment: I’m pretty sure there’s a post related to this OR Maybe this post actually saw the light of the *blogging* day.
Draft 2 [September 4, 2012]
TITLE: if you have a writer’s block
- Comment: This post was blank beyond the title, no wonder 😉
Draft 3 [August 29, 2012]
Banging my head on the wall
Wishing and hoping for the bricks to fall
I am hurt as blood gushes out
I hold it back and cry out loud.
A knock on my bedroom door
Pandemonium on the second floor
I keep mum, hold my breath
- Comment: I love this and I wish I could go back in time to finish/ publish this. I love the sound of this poem, it’s even rhyming. However, if this has been copied from somewhere else, apologies for I must’ve been totally stoned then :$
Draft 4 [August 27, 2012]
TITLE:to The Missus
I tell tales of anecdotes,
of the doting cats, lores of the yore.
They got me, too, but you got me first.
You had my back when I keeled,
just for you and head over heels.
And I had yours
Just as I swept you off your feet.
We’ve got the history then.
And now, you’re too big of a reason
for how I turned out the way I did
to ever stop loving you.
- Comment: I remember this one VERY clearly. Anecdotal Tales at anecdotaltales.wordpress.com had commented on my post and I was so touched, I wanted to pen a poem dedicating it to them ~ it was a disaster. Anecdotal Tales, if you are reading this, please remember it’s the thought that counts :prays for a forgiveness miracle:
Draft 5 [August 25, 2012]
TITLE: Single at Heart, Double Elsewhere
Misfortune never comes alone, it comes in doubles I guess. Except for my single-hood, there’s nothing “single” [to be read as one] about me. I have two parents to begin with, I mean my mom and dad. My parents have two children, my brother and I.
Today, while I was listening to a romantic song, I realised how “single-at-heart” I am.
- Comment: One day, I’ll finish this one. I can still feel this. I remember exactly how I had felt then, so this post WILL be published ~ sooner or later.
Draft 6 [August 24, 2012]
TITLE: a technically-challenged SPEAKS
- Comment: Blank! Maybe I might have started “speaking” just then and so it never got written. Can’t remember the genesis, nemesis or the finishes.
Draft 7 [August 21, 2012]
TITLE: Single’s Guide to Staying Single
- If you want to stay single by choice, you must be absolutely as insane as me.
- If you want to stay single because someone’s ditched/ dumped/ cheated on/ betrayed you, then I’m sorry for you but being single may not suit you.
- If you want to stay single thinking it’s cool, then hell you’re right… and I’ll show you how.
First and foremost, you must think it’s cool to stay single. It is cool and cold. You become the “cold one”, not as cold as the Cullen Family I guess. I mean people will consider you cold and you must convince yourself that cold means cool. By now if you’re not convinced about the cool, skip it all
- Comment: Will finish this someday [at least for the sake of all the wannabe singles out there :D]
And many more. Just got tired of *copy* and *paste* routine. Oh, if you didn’t know already I am sooooooooooooo darn good until I switch to lazy mode.
- Do you have drafts saved?
- OR Could I be the only one?
- In which case, have I suddenly alienated myself by bringing out my skeletons?
NB. Do not judge me because errr well in another case, I may be saving *drafts* for a rainy day.